Friday, April 29, 2011

Large Professor on the Stretch & Bobbito Show '93 // Main Source 1991 Video Interview























Gonna admit that it's been a pretty hectic week, so unfortunately I haven't had an opportunity to go through my stuff and post up tidbits. Tonight we got the Brick Records 15th anniversary show at Church in Boston (near Fenway). Doors are at 7 and it's only $5, so come through if you're around! Next week I'm sure I'll get some more material posted here, but in the meantime, this is what I've been listening to this week.


This is an interview with Large Pro on the Stretch and Bobbito Show from 1993. Highlights include Extra P talking about how he was high every day making beats for a good amount of time but he had recently deaded that habit. The whole interview is taking place Also, if you're a fan of Milk D's Never Dated album, you'll recognize the part where Stretch says,

"One of the elements that's very good for women to eat is wood."

from the Get Off My Log remix. Large Pro is meanwhile in his own world, listening to his beat and responding to Stretch's wood comment by shouting out Showbiz.

I can't find the remix of Get Off My Log on Youtube, but this video deserves a post by itself -


KARMA has this whole Stretch show on tape. I need that! I remember listening to it with him awhile back.

Here he is talking about Paul C., Gloria Gaynor and other things -


And more goodies -




Never seen this before!!! Main Source 1991 Interview for Slammin' Rap Video Magazine -


Yo what's crazy here is that there seems to be a little tension towards the end of the video. Extra P talking about how Sir Scratch and K-Cut broke his turntables when they first met, and them hitting him back with the fact that he broke their mixer when he was trying to be a DJ. Large Pro, "Next question!"

No comments:

Post a Comment