Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Guarantee You... 7 Days of the Rap Attack

What up what up?

I want to welcome you to my new blog, appropriately and egotistically titled "Will C."  I'm going to have a good time with this thing, so I hope you enjoy it.  It's really late right now, and everything I'm typing seems to be mechanical and cliche, so I won't waste any time, let's get this thing started.

Some of you may be aware of my latest project, Down The Dial, a concept mix where I worked with Mr. Magic to pay homage to and recreate memorable moments from the original hip hop radio show, "Mr. Magic's Rap Attack."  I have been intrigued by golden age rap radio shows for a long time now. They're fun to collect, and it's impossible to find them all.  But then again, that's probably exactly how I would've described pogs when I was 8.  Yikes.  Come to think of it, that's EXACTLY how a great deal of late blooming 13-year-olds are describing Pokemon right now.  This could get ugly.

Anyways...

I spent a lot of time in C's Section (my  room... studio) putting Down The Dial together, and by the time it was finally done, it felt like a massive weight off the shoulders.  To be immersed so deep in something and finally get your head above water is a refreshing feeling. 

I thought I had successfully closed this "Rap Attack" chapter I had embarked on.  I was wrong.


Luckily, me being wrong in this case should benefit you, the readers, as I have visited what could be called the cutting room floor of the Down The Dial sessions. I've come up with some goodies I would like to share with y'all.  So, without further ado, I declare Monday, April 6th through Sunday, April 12th to be Down The Dial out-takes week, or something like that.

Each day of this week, I'll be posting hard to come by audio from the "Rap Attack."  Hopefully then, just maybe, I can give it a rest and close this chapter, at least for a little while.  Let me know what you think, and stay tuned as I build this blog into some kind of monster.


To grab a copy of Down The Dial, hit up your local music store, the good folks at UndergroundHip Hop Dot Com, or cop it directly from my myspace page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment