Monday, April 5, 2010

"Ja Rule Bitin' My Name" - Jeru WAR
















Whatchu know about WAR? Most people write off Jeru's career post-Premier, but I don't feel like being negative right about now (then why am I on the internet? - that's a whole other 'nother discussion). Anyyyyways, Jeru dropped this 12" in 2003, and I always loved it. I used to check out the 'New Joints' section at www.artofrhyme.com, then head to Bull Moose and pick up vinyl of the tracks I liked. It was a pretty fool proof method. Now hip hop vinyl has seen much better days and www.artofrhyme.com is gone. This track is still just as dope to me as the first time I heard it, so it's time to shine some light on it. The stripped down beat (supplied by Edd Dontez) is excellent. Fuck it, I'm including the instrumental below. I'm a sucker for perfect one-bar loops.

I respect the inclusion of the gigantic Parental Advisory icon on the cover.


Jeru The Damaja - A1 War (Grime Time Mix) -



Jeru The Damaja - B1 War (Instrumental) -



2 comments:

  1. Thanks. This takes me back to the Jeru I love -- Frustrated Nigga type stuff with just simple, hard ass beats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard this before, dope, I heard one song called 99 or something which was really underatted. His last album was pretty good too. Interesting production, and subject matter, its called Still Rising.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete