Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fresh Produce Celebrates 5th Anniversary! Video Ad By Will C. - Turquoise Jeep!























Shouts to Trees and Nife! Fresh Produce, the infamous monthly hip hop and reggae party held at Downtown Crossing’s Good Life bar, turns 5 years old this July. To celebrate, they're throwing an epic two-part bash on Saturdays July 23 and 30th. Fresh Produce has seen the likes of many stars bless the turntables for their monthly party, from a then up-and-coming Mayer Hawthorne, to legends like Prince Paul and Maseo of De La Soul. This time around, they welcome Dam Funk and the hilarious Turquoise Jeep crew.

I was asked to put together a video advertisement for this two-part celebration and had some fun with it. They left the choice of music up to me. That's always fun on my end, but sometimes I'm nervous the direction I go in will be too left field. In other words, I wasn't sure if the synth-heavy, 80s-commercial-esque, Roland 808 / Oberheim DMX-laced beat I put together would fly. Did they run with it? Find out by clicking on the video.


If you're not familiar with Turquoise Jeep, they're some funny dudes. I had a chance to catch up on their videos when I was putting the ad together. Not much info is out there on them, not even a Wikipedia page. Here's a couple joints I enjoyed!




No comments:

Post a Comment