Thursday, February 11, 2010

100 Proof! M.O.P. x Mobb Deep x Juice Crew Collabo
















(above: Statik Selektah at the Cambridge, MA 100 Proof Listening Party)

Alright, so I had a short burst of posts to close out 2009 / ring in 2010 then I got quiet. I suppose I should visit my Mom's house over holidays and bring my laptop more often. I'd be a blogging king. A king I tells ya! Well, let's be for real, that's not really what I dream of becoming.

(Great start, Will. That'll keep them checking in...)

Honestly, I've crawled into my cave that is C's Section and started putting in work on new material. Time to make some magic. The only way for me to do that is to drop off the face of the Earth here and there. Also, I have to surround myself with positive energy, so check out the new name I gave my computer hard drive:










Now you know it's official.

Statik Selektah's 100 Proof The Hangover) dropped a little over a week ago, and I've been meaning to say a little something about it / post a track. Statik is killing it on the boards and once again came through with an onslaught of talented emcees. That's pretty much a given now, as his talent and unparalleled work ethic have helped him build genuine friendships with countless industry personalities. With that being said, you can tell everyone is happy to be involved in the project, yielding an album that sounds natural. This in itself is a great accomplishment for a record stacked so high with guests.























I'm sure you've noticed I have nothing but positive things to say about Statik projects. In a genre where countless personalities are talking trash about one another, Statik is giving us albums where there is a sense of camaraderie between tons of artists, and that alone is worth giving props.

Speaking of giving props...



If you haven't peeped his past two albums, Spell My Name Right (The Album) and Stick 2 The Script, check them out. There's something for most rap fans on these releases. For the demographic who checks out this blog, I'm thinking this may be a choice cut off the new record (it's also the beat playing in the above video)...

Statik Selektah- Do It 2 Death feat. Lil Fame, Havoc, and Kool G Rap-



Here's a couple of my favorites from his past two offerings...

Mr. Popularity feat. Consequence (from Stick 2 The Script)-



Ahhhh, those drums!!!

Did What We Had To Do (Showoff Mix) feat. KRS-One, Larry Cheeba & Large Professor (from Spell My Name Right)-




Take It To The Top feat. Cassidy, Saigon and Termanology (Video- from Stick 2 The Script)-

(Worth checking out alone for the amount of times Cassidy says "man" in the first half of his verse... YES)




If you like 'em, cop 'em!

MAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment