Saturday, February 5, 2011

For the love of god somebody find this as funny as I do. Possibly the worst lip synching ever by the dude with the red hair and beard. fuck it i'm n

... ot going to lie, I know his name. Mike Love. He definitely doesn't know his lyrics here at 1:22 in.


It just looks like he's zoning out during the entire song above. Just zoning out through the Seventies or something, as the once teen-sensation Beach Boys grew into grown ass men who needed to try new song topics aside from surfing and cars. I just find seeing the Beach Boys at the height of their commercial success juxtaposed with the low points of their popularity to be the funniest juxtaposition possible.

And seeing / hearing how many times Mike Love screws up something also cracks me up, so it usually winds up being an incredibly entertaining experience.

Exhibit A (height) :


2:39 in...

Interview guy: "Surfing... uh, what is surfing? Is it a sport or a kind of music?

Mike Love: "Ohhh, I don't know, it's kinda, well-

(shoots dude a puzzled and uncomfortable glance)

WHAT DO YOU MEAN? Surfing's a sport (stated with now complete clarity and certainty)!"

to

Exhibit B (still pretty high up there) :


Second ever live performance of "Good Vibrations." From the beginning, you can tell they're all pissed at Mike Love and that Mike Love doesn't know what the hell is going on. Are you surprised at this point?

Mike Love: "What's the right note?"

Another member: "Play it this time!"

Mike Love: "Easy, I haven't learned it yet!

(to crowd) -

They want me to play this woo-oo machine" (referring to a Theremin).* This is ridiculous!"

Another member: Yeah it is...

Exhibit C (lowwww):


The crazy part is every song is incredible. But I digress...

2:13 in on the left... Mike Love clearly not knowing the lines here too.

Oh yeah, and check it out at 1:37 - saying his lyric then "hamming it up" and loving it.

If you noticed an asterisk above, then what is below will make sense. If you didn't, then you're screwed.

* As seen here:


Son of a gun, I may have just spoiled my whole post, because the above performance of "Video Killed the Radio Star" on a Theremin may be the funniest / most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life.

Also, is that a botched "clap along" at 2:39 or a premature applause as if the song was over?

That's all, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment